Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday Ramblings

I would like to tell you that this spring day as we officially say goodbye to winter, that it was beautiful and sunny and warm.

The truth is that it was cold, and wet, and SNOWING.  You heard me.  Mother Nature - I am giving you the stink eye.  Again.
Yesterday I had a chance to see my cousin Kirsten who is in Connecticut for the next few months.  She is performing in "My One and Only" at a near by theater, and so it is great to have her in the state.  I was able to go out to dinner with her last night - just us two girls - and we had a great time catching up.  After we had dinner out we went and did some grocery shopping and I got a chance to see where she is living (a great old house - I love Connecticut!).  I can't wait to see her again and I know the kids are anxious to visit with her as well.

Arlington had softball practice again yesterday and really seems to be enjoying it.  She said she was glad she had picked softball over soccer, so I guess we have a winner.  At least today.

I would like to thank all the wonderful people who left comments on the blog about Finley's IEP and all the wonderful emails I have gotten as well.  I am overwhelmed with the support we have for our girl and the people we can turn to when we have questions.  Thank you so much - you have given me all wonderful advice and a lot to think about.
Finley and I have started reading the Junie B. Jones series at night and it is fun reading it to her.  Junie B. is one of my favorite series and I can definitely hear my girls own voices when I read those books to them.  It is hard to believe that I am in the same place I was just a few years ago with Arlington.  Starting to read Finley chapter books instead of just picture books means she is growing up.  Sniff.
Etsy bow - so cute!

Cainan had a great day at Karate.  This was his fourth class, and we have been working with him at home.  He had certain commands to learn to respond to, so we have been reviewing them and also going over different kicks and punches.  And today - I saw a huge difference.

It was pretty exciting to watch.  Cainan is a great kid - he is never a behavior problem.  But he has some processing problems that makes it hard for him to follow what is going on when he starts something new.  Takes him awhile to catch on.  But he got it.
And this boy has some amazing balance.  Today they were practicing balance activities, and he was really good at them.  I was really impressed.

So it was a good class day.  I am so glad he is liking it and now he is understanding what he needs to do.
I haven't updated on my grandmother in awhile.  While things remain still up in the air with her, she is now moving from the hospital to hospice care.  The tumor in her spine and the ones in her lung are aggressive and the chemo and radiation were not working.  She will be cared for on hospice in a nursing home near my parents and other family members so that they can visit her daily.  We do not know how much more time she has, so we ask you that you pray for peace for her.  I know she is in a lot of pain and that is hard for everyone.  We hope that God is merciful and that it ends peacefully.






No comments: