Saturday, March 6, 2010

First tooth, first swim

Arlington lost her first tooth this past week. It has been loose for quite awhile and I kind of forgot about it. She hasn't mentioned it in a few weeks. Anyway - apparently she was using her teeth to open her water bottle when she got to school, and it came out. She was so very excited. She showed everyone at school her hole in her mouth. I am sure that was pleasant.



So now she is offically old. Her teeth are the tiniest little teeth in the world.



I was glad that she didn't lose it the whole day. She came home, and she put it in her tooth fairy pillow.



It is a cute little pillow. She put it right under her pillow and even drew a picture for the tooth fairy.



It is so fun to experience these first with kids. It is fun to watch her get excited about the tooth loss, and the anticipated arrival of the tooth fairy.

In the morning, when she woke, the tooth fairy was very generous in her $$ amount since it was a first tooth and all. But Arlington did fess up and tell me that she had wished the tooth fairy would have brought her a puppy.

Uh......come again? A puppy? She is pretty hysterical. She wants a dog more than anything (she is wishful thinking - it is never going to happen), so I think she was hoping that the tooth fairy would come through for her.

Cainan went to his first swimming lesson today. I was a little nervous about it because Cainan is like putting a cat into water. If he never saw a pool again, it would be too soon. This past summer, when we were at the lake, every time we tried to put him in the water with us, he would cry and scream until he got out.



But today - he was a big boy. My dad took him and explained to him that it was going to be fine and he was going to have fun darn it. And he did great. He didn't cry.




He left the little dock to float around with the teacher.



He even climbed in and out of the pool! I was amazed. I couldn't go with him to his first lesson because I needed to pick up girl scout cookies, so I was glad my dad was able to take him. He loves his papa, so I figured that would go well.



Hopefully this will continue with the next 5 lessons he has to take and we will have swimming success!



Mat left on a business trip yesterday for a week. I hate when he is gone on these long trips. I do have company while he is gone - my parents came in to spend the week with me and help me with the kids. I am sure I am going to enlist their help with some spring cleaning. Plus we will be doing my favorite thing - going out to eat. Yum yum.

This week was Dr. Suess's read across America week. The preschool where Finley and Cainan are did something fun each day for the week - crazy hair day, mismatch day...... And they got to wear hats one day.

They were really excited about that.



Cainan wore a Thomas the Train shirt, and so he wanted to wear a train hat. He was very excited about being able to wear it to school.



And Finley got to wear a hat that belongs to her big sister. She was thrilled about that.



She never likes to wear hats, but knowing that it was crazy hat day and she was getting to wear something that belongs to her hero.......



She was all about that.



She was also cheering for her favorite college team that day.



Go WVU!!



Today was the day when I, aka cookie mom for Arlington's Daisy Scout troop, had to pick up the cookies. Our troop as a whole sold 1015 boxes of cookies. Well - actually about 1200 boxes, but the extra boxes we sold were going directly to the troops serving overseas.



So my mom and I had to go and pick up all said cookies today. I wasn't allowed to take any of the kids with me so a wonderful friend of mine watched the girls while my mom and I went to get the cookies, and my dad took Cainan to his swimming lesson. The pick up went very smoothly, and after a few hours of organizing at home, my mom and I had all the cookies sorted and ready for pick up tomorrow.


Thank goodness. I am almost at the end of this job.

The weather was beautiful today, so while my mom and I sorted cookies, my dad took the kids outside to play. For the first time in months they were outside playing and rolling in the grass. It was warm enough that they only needed a light coat. I wish I would have had a chance to take their pictures. It is supposed to be nice again tomorrow, so I will take my camera out then.

Arlington has her first softball practice tomorrow. She is really excited about it. She also has to do some painting for her Destination Imagination group. She has a busy day tomorrow, which is good. She needs to keep busy and she loves to be active.

So that is all! I will see you all tomorrow for "So How Did It Go, Sunday"

Take care!

3 comments:

Lesa said...

My friends daughter lost her first tooth too and the same one as Arlington! My daughter, Wendy, has been working on hers for several months now. I know Wendy will be happy to lose hers too.

Donna said...

It would be VERY dangerous if I had all those cookies in my house!

How wonderful that they're going to the troops!

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Donna said...

By the way, we just lost our first two teeth too! It was quite an ordeal.

:)


Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!