Monday, March 8, 2010

That Finley

Poor Finley. When she reads these blogs when she is older, she is going to think we thought she was pretty wacky.

Well, she would be right.

I need not remind you what a firecracker she is. She has been amusing us this week.

For example. On Saturday - she was outside playing while my dad was raking leaves. She came in the house and said "I am hot - I want to take off my coat". It was warm, but not warm enough to be without a coat. I told her she needed to leave it on. After a few minutes of whining, she stopped and said "okay" and went back outside.

Within a few minutes, she was out of my sight line. I told my mom "go and find her - she is probably out there taking off her coat". Sure enough, she was! She went around the side of the house and took off her coat where I couldn't see her do it. What a stinker.

On Sunday - it was 8am. She saw cookies on the counter, and was jumping up and down asking for one. I told her she had to wait until after lunch. So, she walked around for awhile - contemplating her options. She went over to our bar stools, and with her head, she started pushing the bar stool toward the counter where the cookies are. She wasn't technically touching the stool (in her little mind). It was quite funny to watch. She was trying to be as quiet as possible.

Yeah. She is a brat.

Monday - my mom was sitting with her and Finley wanted the color yellow. She said "lellow" My mom said to her "Finley it is yell-low. Ya ya yell-low" Finley said - "no it is "lellow". My mom tried again. Then Finley said "no it is lellow. This is how you say it in Spanish".

Right.

My mom said she had done this for several words that she mispronounced over the course of the day.

Today - she and Cainan were in the playroom. All of the sudden, Cainan started to cry. Finley came upstairs, and my mom asked her what the problem was. She said "Cainan MADE me push him down." Uh......okay.


I think she actually believes that.

I really need to video tape her. She makes the greatest faces, and says the funniest things. She is a ball of joy, and laughter, and silliness.

In other news - tonight was disorganized Daisies. We got an email at the last minute that they were going to a proclamation ceremony at Town Hall. The girls seemed to have a good time. They had snacks at the end, and Arlington got to read something.

My parents and I took the little ones across the parking lot to the town library while Arlington was at the Town Hall. (So Gilmore Girls you wouldn't even believe it).

It has been a busy week at work. I saw 52 kids Monday in my office. As of late - that is a lot for me. Gone are the days where I saw 60-70 kids on a regular basis. I see more like 30-40. I am meaner. Okay - not meaner, but the teachers don't send them down every two seconds. So it has been a lot better this year.

Anyway - the point is - Monday was out of sorts. I even had to send 4 kids home. I think they just missed me. I didn't miss them as much, but you know. They are still cute. Sort of.

I would like to say that my mom has spring cleaned the kids bedrooms. They think when they come to visit, they are coming to relax. The answer is.......no. She is going to keep going! I am lucky. I hate to spring clean, and cleaning seems to be in my mom and grandmother's blood. I didn't get that part.



My dad has also helped fix a leak we had and fixed our vacuum (or if you are from southwestern PA and don't know what that is - I am talking about the sweeper, folks). This is what happens when they come and spend a week. Free labor.

That is the end of my ramblings. Mat will be home in a few days and we are all anxious to see him.

I realized I missed "making meals Monday". Are you upset with me? I feel bad. Having company has me all off. Next time, next time.

I will see you Saturday!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Well, if you can't see how how Cainan would make Finley push him down, then you CLEARLY don't have the same insights into his character that she does!! LOL that is just hilarious. Poor Cainan!

Unknown said...

Well about the claeaning genes - it stopped after your mom!

Anonymous said...

Ooohh...Gilmore Girls. I want to live in Stars Hollow.

That Spanish thing makes me laugh. What a cutie!

Tell your parents they can spring clean here ANYTIME!!!

Anissa :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.