Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The last day

Today was my last school day.  It went much better than I thought it would.  I shed tears, of course, but I saved them until the end.  I was just so busy that I didn't have time to wallow, and I think that was best.  And I had lunch with my bestie, Jess, and that was a ton of fun.  We went out to a local restaurant after we said goodbye to all the kids and the last bus was gone.  And that helped too.

Tomorrow I have to go back to just clean up the office and transfer some files.  It won't be a long day, and the kids won't be in the building.  But tomorrow I will turn in my keys and make sure the room is ready for the next nurse.

I got a ton of presents from the kids today.  And from the staff.  It was really great.  I probably hugged every kid in the school and that helped as well.  So - it was a good day.
Now........onward.

No comments: