Friday, September 14, 2012

Bunco

Today was another successful Bunco Fundraiser for Finley.  I can't believe I was ever hesitant to try these out.  Thank goodness my friend Maria doesn't take no for an answer.

They have been the most fun we have ever had with a group of women.  Tonight we had around 30 women and we had an awesome time.

The best part?  We made over $1400 for our RDH12 Fund for Sight!  2 hours worth of Bunco - not too shabby.

What I noticed tonight, too, is how amazing women pull together for each other.  Bunco has become a girl's night out fundraiser.  Friday night after a long week with the kids - we escape, eat, drink, and laugh.

And while I was chatting and talking to everyone and thanking them for coming, the women gathered together and cleaned up.  I didn't even have to lift a finger.

We have been in our new town a year, and they have taken in our family and take care of us.  I am overwhelmed and grateful for our new friends and new Finley supporters.

Another step toward our final goal.  I can't stop smiling!!

No comments: