Sunday, September 23, 2012

RDH12 Fund for Sight just gets more and more amazing

Yesterday one of our RDH12 Families - the Kinney family held a charity walk.  Their daughter, Abigail, is just like our Finley.  She has RDH12 LCA, and is going blind.

When Lori first joined our group, I called her up and talked to her about what we were all about.  I remember talking to her about what we were doing fundraising wise and she said to me.... "I don't think we can do that."

I, of course, told her "yes you can.  Just tell one person what is going on with Abigail and that we want to cure her".

So she did.

That was over 2 years ago, and I can tell you....Lori is amazing.  She is our success story.  Any time we get a new family in our group and they start being overwhelmed on what we have accomplished, I always say, "let me tell you a story....."

Yesterday, Lori's fundraiser raised $31,000 for our RDH12 Fund for Sight.

$31,000.

RDH12 is fierce.  We are a force to be reckoned with.  And we WILL DO THIS.

Congratulations Lori for all of your hard work.  We are so lucky to have you in our group and on our side.

No comments: