Thursday, June 26, 2014

A Camping We Will Go

For Father's day, one of Mat's presents was a family overnight camping trip NOT in our backyard.

Most people know that I dislike sleeping in a tent.  I outright LOATHE it.  So this was a big deal.

We didn't go far - we have a campground right on the outside of town.  He had a pool and bathrooms, but we still had to sleep in the tent.

We had a great time (until it was time to go to sleep, but that is besides the point), so here are some pictures of our time there.

Our tent
 Girls ready to swim







 Cooking hotdogs over the flame.  This went well until Cainan's fell in.


 I love picnic food
 Smores!
 Making smores went well.......until Cainan's marshmallow fell in.

 After dinner Mat took the kids back to the pool and I had to stay and tend the fire.  And read.  Darn.
 Then we made apple pies over the flame and played a board game.






 A movie before bed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love camping !! You all look like you had a great time!

I'm sorry your mashmellow fell in the fire Cainan :(

I love the pictures!!

Take care!

Friend, Shayla