Thursday, December 15, 2011

Advent Day Nineteen

Today's ornament is the Town of Bethlehem
This ornament is hand carved.  I didn't get it from Etsy, though.  It was from a shop online, but I can't recall it's name.  I thought it was really pretty - I loved the wood carved ornaments.
Doesn't Arlington look thrilled in this picture?  She had just dropped the ornament on the floor and was not happy.  It didn't break - it was fine.  But she has butter fingers.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Today was another busy day.  Let's just say that all of December is busy and leave it at that.  I volunteered in the health office today, which was a lot of fun.  I do miss the kids - to an extent.  I don't miss the fakers.  But I miss the cuties.

Scooby had a vet appointment and got two shots and a very unpleasant procedure I will not talk about on the blog.  Let's just say he might have been violated.  He spent the rest of the day being mad at me.

Cainan had T-ball practice today.  He did pretty well.  I watched him throw the ball using a great technique and hitting the ball off the tee.  He seems to enjoy it, and - of course - has made a little friend in the class.  Cainan has to be the friendliest kid on the planet.  Next to Arlington.  Neither of those kids are choosy about their friends.

After T-ball we had 20 minutes to swallow dinner before leaving for Finley's piano lesson.  This isn't her usual night - this was a make-up lesson.  We won't be back to piano until after the holiday, so I am glad we got the lesson in.  Finley had a very busy day - she has a lot going on now with her Kumon learning classes and her piano practice every day, and school.  But she is holding up like a champ and counted to 50 in the car on the way home for entertainment.

If your family is as messed up in the head as ours, and you have started the "Elf on the Shelf" tradition, you need to read this blog:  http://peopleiwanttopunchinthethroat.blogspot.com/2011/12/over-achieving-elf-on-shelf-mommies.html  It is hilarious.  And apparently, we are not being creative enough with our elf.  I think our elf will throw out half of our kids toys and most of Mat's t-shirt collection for starters if mischief is up his ally.  We will start with that.

Just kidding.

Our elf forgot to move one morning because they elf has problems remembering to move before he goes to bed at night, so Arlington was quite tearful.  I needed to have a chat with the elf to make sure that doesn't happen again.  AND......I needed to put it on my calendar to remind said elf to find a new spot to sit before I got to bed each night to avoid further crying fits first thing in the morning from the small people in this house.  TOO. MUCH. PRESSURE.

This elf will mess your kids up for life.  Especially since Arlington tells it lately that it can't go anywhere other than the first floor of this house and no where near her room.  And of course, Mat's response to this is to take a picture of her sleeping and the elf on her head.  You know - to make sure she needs therapy.

No comments: