Friday, December 16, 2011

Advent Day Twenty

We are almost done with our tour of ornaments.  We will be finishing up before Christmas because apparently the Jessee Advent Tree only goes for 25 days, which means you TECHNICALLY shouldn't start on the first day of advent (as we did), but the first day of December.  We will know better next year.

Moving on.

Today's ornament:  A fiery furnace
This is as close as I could get.  A fireplace.  I like this ornament.  It is from Hallmark.
 This story was about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego

"Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with thee to deliver thee."  Jeremiah 1:8

Today, I learned a valuable lesson.  Never go shopping after 5pm on the weekend before Christmas.  You may not survive to tell the tale.  Or deliver presents to your loved ones.  Which ever you find more important.

The mall was crazy.  Target was crazy.  Why was I out, do you say?  Santa needed to shop for Mat.  Plus - Target was offering a $10 gift card for every $75 you spent.  I was in.  Plus.....we needed groceries so we wouldn't starve.

But holy cow - the whole world was there.  I had to park further away today then I did on Black Friday.  And the store clerks are really over the holiday season at this point.  Especially when the lady in front of me made the girl pull out the weekly flier and search for the 50 cents she was supposed to be saving on her item.  Yepper.  I switched lines.

The mall wasn't much better.  I won't complain because I can be rather patient when I shop.  I know the sales people are doing the best they can, and people don't mean to bump into you 50 million times while they walk by you with their packages.  But did you know that Friday night at the mall is also teenager night?  It has been awhile since I was a teenager.  They were everywhere.  It made me shop faster.

For the love of all that is Christmas, why did I just not stick with Amazon.

No comments: