Saturday, December 5, 2009

Pictures to arrive on Sunday

Today not much has been happening. Well, I take that back - a lot has been happening but nothing picture worthy at this point. That goes for the rest of the week as well - we were just busy with school, work, and watching the sun go down at 4:15pm.

It was oddly warm this week on Thursday - reached almost 70 degrees. It was great. But mother nature's "lift the spirits" weather ended today and snow flurries are about to begin. What a big meanie she is.

Today has been a full day. It has been raining all day, so the kids and I didn't get to go outside like I wanted to. I really wanted to finish raking the leaves. Well, I didn't WANT to do that - I just need to do it. And we wanted to put up the Christmas lights. But it hasn't stopped raining for one second. I did put some lights up on the porch. I am very dedicated.

Mat started his day by going out the L.owes to get more wood to finish building a bookcase for the girl's bedroom. Once he got back, I abandoned the family for a little peaceful shopping time. I wasn't doing anything fun - I just needed groceries. I went to our local grocery store only to find out that something happened and their power was out. Great. So, I thought "I don't really want to go back home - I really need to shop. But where is closest?" My heart sank. W@lmart. Ugh. I LOATH W@lmart. But it was raining and I really didn't want to drive 30 miles to the next closest grocery store (stinkin' living in the sticks and all).

So I went. Of course - it was completely nuts. I could barely maneuver the cart through the isles. I tried to smile at people and not cringe at the fact that I was in this store. I tried to go as quick as I could, but it still took me two solid hours to shop there. I got just about everything I needed (W@lmart does not believe in eating fish apparently - couldn't find that). I tried to run out of there as fast as I could. I didn't die, but I probably won't return there for another 10 years. Florida totally turned us off from W@lmart, and I don't imagine the love returning any time soon.

When I got home Mat had to go BACK to the store for more wood. (insert eye roll). I think it was just an excuse to escape the madness that is our children. He left right at nap time for the little ones with Finley sitting on the potty screaming loudly that she would NOT be using it. She asked for about 1 million books to read on the potty while screaming all the while. I just ignored her.

Arlington had been painting in our playroom area and came out with her "surprise" paintings. Now, I have a few "painting rules" 1) you don't paint in your good clothes. 2) you don't paint over carpet. I feel that these rules are logical. Arlington apparently did not agree because she followed neither.

At this point, Mat made his escape to the store. How con-ven-ient.

Cainan was the only good one. Although I did find out later that he took all of the board games out of the closet in the playroom, apparently thinking that one big game would be more fun.

Finley didn't nap - she sang Jingle Bells from her room at the top of her lungs for about 20 minutes before I released her from her captivity. If she is smart, she will put two and two together and will attempt this next nap time.

Tonight we await the arrival of my in-laws. They are going to arrive this evening and spend a whole week with us. We are looking forward to their visit. We are celebrating Christmas with them while they are here, so the kids know that means presents. They can hardly stand the wait!

We have a few fun things planned for this week Christmas related, and hopefully we can get to those. We are starting the week with getting our Christmas tree tomorrow. We cut down our own tree, so Mat's parents will be going with us to do that tomorrow. The week will end with a ride on the Polar Express train, and the kids are very excited about that. They will wear their jammies, and drink hot cocoa, and get to see Santa at the North Pole. Very exciting!

So, I will blog again tomorrow with pictures of our tree, etc.

See you then!!!

No comments: