Saturday, September 18, 2010

2 weeks until VisionWalk

 Hello everyone!  Today marks 2 weeks EXACTLY to our VisionWalk with Foundation Fighting Blindness in Pittsburgh.  I cannot believe how fast it is approaching.

 My mom will be putting in the FINAL order for Finley's Fighters shirts this coming Wednesday.  If you want to contact her and order, please do so by that morning.  It takes our shirt man about 1 week to make the shirts, so we want to make sure we have them in time for the walk.  We can bring them to you the morning of the walk - so don't worry!

 If you don't want a shirt, or don't have time - no worries!  Please still come and walk.  Just wear royal blue (or something close) or red, so that we can find you.  We want to take a group picture.  Bring your family!  Bring your kids and your dogs!  Like I said - it is a nice stright trail - everyone is welcome.  Arlington plans on bringing her scooter to ride.  And my three kids will be walking - they did it last year as well - it is not a hard walk.

 If you know you can join us - please RSVP from the evite you received from me, or give us a shout via email or phone.  We want to make sure you know all the details.  AND - if anyone wants to follow us - you can meet at my mom's house in Connellsville around 7:30 and can follow us.  It is not hard to find, but construction in Pittsburgh (that never seems to end) can make things tricky.  There will also be room in cars, so if you need a ride, let us know!  If you want to come, we will get you there!

  The event starts at 10am, so arrive around 9:30 so you can buy a ticket for the basket raffle, and get settled.  Plus - we want a chance to take a group shot and talk with you before the walk begins.  The walk last year was over before noon, so it is not a long committment.  My plan is to draw the winner for the basket before we leave that day.  So don't leave until you check with me!



Mat and I and the kids will be at the Connellsville High School on Friday the 2nd talking with the student council who will be doing a chain link fundraiser.  They do this fundraiser annually and this year Finley's Fighters is the charity of choice!  We are thrilled.  We grew up in a wonderful community and are grateful for all their support.  Finley will have a chance to talk during the daily announcements (that should be interesting!) and we will have our picture taken for the paper.  So if you are there that day - please come out to say hello.

 Moving on!

 We had a very busy week this week.  For my school, this was our first full week of school.  The kids were feeling it by Thursday.  I had a Kindergartener fall asleep.  She was sound asleep, and didn't take kindly to being woken.  Poor thing.  I had my most visitors on Thursday.  They will adjust, and this coming week will be better.  Let's hope! 

 Arlington is on her final days of "head rest".  We go to the pediatrician Monday - it will have been two full weeks tomorrow since she fell.  And we hope to get clearance for her to return to gym and riding her bike.  She is very upset about not being able to ride her bike.  So hopefully she will be in the clear.  I can't imagine.  She hasn't complained of a headache since Wednesday.



Finley decided on Thursday after her horseback riding lesson that she wanted to put a dress on.  It was really chilly, and I told her no.  She went to her room to play, and the next thing I know, she comes down in a dress.  She cannot reach the clothes in her closet without help, so I went up, and she had gotten Arlington's desk chair and put a basket on top of that, and stood on that to get her dress!  So nice that the vision impaired child is climbing in such a way.  Nothing is going to stop her!  My principal heard this story and said "good for her!"  (her best friend is blind).  I see her point, but my goodness.  She is so dangerous.


Cainan is becoming messier.  I never thought I would see the day.  It is a good kind of messy.  He is still a neat eater (wouldn't want to drop a bite) but his room is crazy.  But he is playing a lot of games with his toys and has his favorite activities, so I don't mind the mess.  But it was nice to have one room that didn't always look like a train wreck.  Ah well.

 Today Arlington had a birthday party for one of her school buddies "L".  They played Monster Golf in the dark - she loved it.  She loves being able to see her school buddies on the weekend.

 I am up to 46 braille shirts made!  In 2 weeks!  My goal of 200 won't be hard, I don't think.  I did 15 shirts just this weekend.  I am pretty proud of myself.  I enjoy doing it.  I have even made them all "cutsey" with a little bow and note attached.  Aren't I clever?  If you want one, let me know!  You can order right here on this site, or go to www.finleyfighters.com

 Mat it hard at work on the RDH12 Fund For Sight website.  It should be up and running soon.  We are official!  If feels good to finally say that.  We have so many fun things planned, so it is nice to know we can put our money safely in the Fund now.

I think that is it!!!  Not much else to report.  Keep visiting our Finley's Fighters website.  We will continue to update when things change.  Once our RDH12 Fund for Sight website is up, you will be able to view it right from there and meet some of the other wonderful families that are part of our fund.


See you Monday!

1 comment:

Frank and Teen said...

We can't wait to walk with you guys!! Finley is already a fighter and a very determined little girl! I have no doubt she'll do whatever it is she wants to do in life! Absolutely nothing will stop her!! :)