Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Random news

I was having trouble coming up with a title for this post.  There are a lot of things I could say:

"Making time for my full time job"
"Crazy kids have come back to school"
"How dare that kid give me a cold"
"Finley is a menace"
"Finley's Fighters website has had some changes"
"Arlington should wear a helmet"

All of these are true, and because you are SO LUCKY, you are going to hear about them, and more!

Let's start with making time for my full time job.  Why not.  It is at the top.  I have decided that it is getting in the way of my RDH12 Fund for Sight work.  How can I work all day and still have time to plan one million fundraisers?  Luckily, I have some help, so I guess I will have to stick to my day job.

My mom and dad have been amazing.  They are selling shirts and wristbands, and braille shirts like mad.  They are collecting and spreading the word.  The same goes for my in-laws Ben and Sally, and my brother and sister-in-law AJ and Tricia.  They have made our fundraising a personal quest, and we couldn't do it without them!  And all the amazing people who are helping out around us - the local Mom's club, my school district, my parents district, my parents community, our community, AJ and Tricia's district, Ben and Sally's community, the list could go on and on and on.  We are overwhelmed and yet so excited all at once.  I can't wait to share all the fun upcoming things we are going to have - so amazing!


Let's see: "Crazy kids have come back at school".  Is there any more I can really say about this?  I.work.in.an.elementary. school.

The first day was bliss.  Ever since then, we are back to the way we left in June.  Actually, it is slightly worse because the new teachers haven't figured out who the "tricksters and fakers" are yet.  But apparently the kids think I got amnesia over the summer.

Unfortunately - they would be wrong.  No - I have their number.  And this is year three at me at this school.  My little babies that started Kindergarten when I first went to work there are now 2nd graders.  The kids who saw me 100 times plus last year, have just picked up were they left off.  So......that's all.

The kid that gave me a cold?  That would be Cainan.  And a little bit Arlington.  I tell ya - I can be surrounded by sick kids all day at work, but where do I get sick from?  My little germie kids at home.  So.nice.

"Finley is a menace".  Who doesn't already know this - raise your hand?  New to the blog?  This is a weekly statement.  As much as we love her and as much as we fight for her, she still has an.......interesting personality that no one can really explain.  She is cute and funny and silly - but also devious, and tricky.

This weeks trick was because she wanted to wear a dress.  10 minutes before going to bed.  We of course said no - it was soon bath time.  She was playing in her room and the next thing we know, she is in a dress.  Of course she is.  She's Finley.  I go in to see how she possibly got a dress out of her closet, and she had stood on her sister's desk chair and (here is the best part) got a basket of toys, dumped it and put the empty basket on the chair to make herself higher.  So dangerous!  What is up with her?  Sunday was also her first time being in church with us (they go to Sunday School now) and during the children's talk, she bobbed her head up and down the whole time.  Nice.

The website!!  I made some changes to the website.  Go to www.finelyfighters.com or click HERE.  Now that we have an official name for our fund (RHD12 Fund for Sight) I wanted to update the website with that.  I added the braille shirts to the sight, so if you want to order one, please do.  But just about every page had some changes (including adding some pictures to the picture page), so take your time and go over there!!!

I have a challenge for all my friends and family and readers out there.  We are going to make a lot of money for our new Fund from the braille shirts that I am making.  My goal is to make 200 shirts over the course of the next year and that will be over $1000 to the fund!  WOW!  I have made 16 so far, and have several more in the wings.  So go HERE and get yours today!!!  Or you can order right on this site as well.  Make sure you tell me what color of shirt and what color of rhinestones you want.  And I can do boy/guy shirts with fabric paint, so boys can get in on the fun as well!



Thanks for all of the support.  We can't do it without you - I can't say that enough!!

And don't forget - Visionwalk - October 2nd - please RSVP to the Evite you got.  We want to see you there!

And FINALLY - Arlington is doing so much better.  Even though she took a couple of falls this week (not head related, but made her mother crazy all the same) when she was just walking in the house, she is healing nicely.  She is down to taking pain medicine just once a day, so that is much better.  She has an appointment next Monday for clearance to go back to her regular activities.  Hence the need for a daily helmet.  Also - thank you to Tricia, my mom, my grandma, my aunt Mary, and Nanny who all sent her Get Well cards and goodies.  They all came on the same day and she was so excited!!

See you Saturday.

1 comment:

The Kovalls said...

Our pleasure! I wish we could do more!