Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Outside my comfort zone

Yes I am posting on a random day.  But I have an excuse.  VisionWalk is just a few days away. 

Please join us.  We want to have a large team there.  The weather is going to be mild and sunny.  So please consider joining us!  You don't have to register.  You don't have to pay.  Just come!

I feel like I have been asking a lot of my family and friends lately.  I am not used to asking for much.  It is definitely outside of my comfort zone.

But the response has been more than I have expected.  Greater than anything I could have ever imagined.  And we know we are just at the beginning of what we can do. 

And will do.

People say yes so easily to us when we ask for something for Finley and for our new RDH12 Fund for Sight.  I am still in shock when I decided to jump with both feet, and I get an immediate yes response.  From our town.  From our schools.  From our friends.  From our family.

All have come together for one little girl in the hopes that we can stop her from going blind.

Tonight I am feeling a little excited and nervous.  As we wrap up with Foundations Fighting Blindness for the year, and start out on our own adventure with our RDH12 Fund for Sight, I can't wait to see what the next year will bring.

We are over joyed with the support.  We could never thank everyone enough.

Stay tuned for our upcoming events.  We have the Chain Link Charity that Connellsville High School is doing for us.

We have a spagetti dinner that is being given for us.

We have a church bizzare coming up in October where our church family will donate all the funds to our charity.

We are going to have a Finley's Fighters booth at our towns Apple Festival.

Our elementary school is doing a charity month for our Finley.  With fun to come with that!

We are doing a Dinner in the Dark at our local church.

Our local mom's club is getting in gear for a big fundraiser in the spring.

We could go on and on.  Every little bit helps.  It gets us a little closer to our goal.

It takes between $70,000-$100,000 to do the level of research a YEAR that Finley needs.  And that is just the beginning stages.  It will get more expensive as the research gets more intense.  So we are going to push hard.  As Tricia said, we will have to be a fundraising force to be reckoned with!!

So - I leave you with a quote from my friend Jennifer's blog


"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

1 comment:

The Kovalls said...

I love that picture of Finley! We love you guys and will help however we can. But, your brother read your post and said you've always been the needy child ;-)