Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Here comes Santa Claus

 This past weekend we took the kids to see Santa.  I like that they are at an age that they understand and are not afraid of the big jolly guy.  It makes standing in the long line to see him a little less painful.

 Finley and Cainan had drawn Santa a picture and made a list.  they wrote the list out themselves - they were really cute.

 Santa was happy to get the pictures and see the list.  Who knows if he could actually read their handwriting, but he pretended very well.

 So now Santa knows what the three little darlings want for Christmas.  Hopefully he has room in his sleigh.

 We also picked our 2010 Family ornament.

 We didn't have any with mice, so we went with something different.

This weekend we also worked more on the basement.  Not that we got very far.  We found another section of wall that needed to be removed and replaced.  I don't think we are ever going to see that room again.  The kids miss their toys.  I am sick of the mess.  But we take one step forward and two steps back every time we work down there.  Next time - we are hiring a professional.

 I may or may not have cuts Finley's hair yesterday.  I will not confirm or deny that.  But - whatever the case, it looks better.  My mother-in-law was right - she needs a pixie cut until her hair gets thicker.  I think she looks cute.

 I can officially say we are done shopping for Christmas.  We have all presents we need, and just about everything has arrived.  Thank goodness.  I think this is a record for us - a whole week left and we are done shopping.  Amazing.



 My parents come in for a visit this Thursday.  I am glad to have them for a long weekend.  I have many projects planned - I mean, we have  a lot of fun planned.  I would never put my parents to work.  Not me.


 One week tomorrow until vacation for Christmas.  We can't wait.  And the telethon is only a week away as well.  Here is the copy of the poster that is hanging in all the schools and around town.


It includes the phone number and address for you to check out the telethon on the 23rd.  It is from 9am-12pm!  We cannot wait.  I cannot wait to announce the final total that we will be giving to RDH12 from the telethon!  It is going to be great!!  So stay tuned.

 See you Saturday.


No comments: