Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ramblings

Since we have been nothing but busy this week, this will be short.  And pictureless.  I am a horrible mother and forgot my camera for every event this week.  I need to be punished.

As we get closer to Christmas, we are getting busier.  And we are getting closer to the telethon for Finley!  We are really excited.  My school district is in full force getting ready for the event.  You can go HERE to see exactly where you can watch the telethon on the 23rd.  AND - here is the phone number you can call on that day to make donations: 860-345-0690

So please watch!  It is going to be great.  We are so excited for this opportunity to make a huge stride toward our goal for our RDH12 Fund for Sight this year.  I cannot wait to share this day with all of you.

My in-laws came in to visit for a few days to visit this week.  It was a surprise visit for Mat and the kids - we didn't tell them they were coming.  It was a fun surprise!  It was nice to see them for a few days before the crazy holidays come around.  The kids love spending time with them.

Thursday was Arlington's Holiday choral concert.  It was for the 2nd through 4th grades.  They did a really nice job.  I was glad Mat's parents could be here to see it.  And yes - we forgot the camera.

Friday was a Volleyball Tournament for Finley.   All the money they made from the tournament was going to Finley through the telethon.  We went to watch for about an hour, and the kids were excited to see Finley there.  They even had their picture taken with her a few times and gave her a big cheer.  She loved it.  Arlington had a fun time at the game watching the girls and boys play volleyball.  It was fun.  And we got to go out to dinner before the event, so that was a really nice treat as well.  And.....we forgot the camera.

This morning Mat and his parents went to the kids last swimming class for this session.  We will take a break for awhile because we are going to have a busy couple of months.  Mat forgot the camera (do you see a theme?)  We are not speaking to our camera right now.  It is in timeout.

While Mat took the kids swimming, I had a chance to do some Christmas shopping with my friend Jess from work.  She had a long list, and so we decided to go together.  It was a lot of fun.  We had lunch and spent most of the day shopping.  It was great to have some girl time with a great person.  Jess and I work together.  We met last year, and I am so grateful to have her at my school.  She is a fabulous teacher - loves the kids like her own.  And she is a wonderful friend.  I am lucky to have her.

Tomorrow we are going to try and see Santa Claus at the mall, and work in the playroom.  This is our last full week of school before the holiday.  The kids are getting more excited by the minute.  My parents are arriving late in the week for a long weekend visit.

I love this time of year.  With the telethon on top of all the fun of Christmas, I am just skipping around with joy.  Tonight I sat with Finley and Cainan while they wrote their first every Christmas letters to Santa.  It was cute to watch them decide what they wanted to say, and write out the words (with help of course).  We are going to mail them on Monday together.  Finley and Cainan drew pictures to give to Santa tomorrow at the mall.  I love to see their excitement.

I will see you Tuesday.

No comments: