Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thanks for the memories

When someone passes away - whether you knew them or not, it tugs at your heart.  Another life has ended and that person cannot be replaced.

A friend of mine from childhood - Megan - lost her father a few days ago.  He has not been well, but his death was unexpected, and we are all mourning the loss.  I have so many wonderful memories from growing up with the Truxel family.  Megan and I had been in school starting in preschool - our parents were friends as we grew up.  One of my favorite childhood memories is when Megan's family got a convertible and took all of us for a ride with the top down. 

We spent so much time together growing up - we were always at each other's houses.  And even though after high school, we all went our separate ways, we have been able to keep in touch through the magical world of facebook.  And I am so glad.  Now my friends are all mommies and daddies, and I love getting to see them with their own kids.  How I wish we could live closer so that our kids could spend time together.

Mr. Truxel was a great man.  He was loud, tall, and laughed all the time.  He was always welcoming to those little giggling girls who came to play with Megan, he never minded.  He drove us anywhere we wanted to go.  I can picture his face so clearly, and I am so glad that I had a chance to know him.

Our hearts go out to the Truxel family at this time.  If you know them, or even if you don't, send them your thoughts and prayers. 

No comments: