Saturday, October 1, 2011

2 in a row

2 in a row - no pictures.  I am going to be shunned by the grandparents for sure.

It was a rainy day and we sat around inside all day and I didn't get out my camera.  We had a fun day and a productive day, but I just didn't take any pictures.  Apologies to Grammy, GiGi and Gramma.

I have spent a large portion of this rainy day looking for a wonderful place to hold our Dinner in the Dark we are going to have in the late winter/spring.  I am finding that renting a place is going to be more expensive than I expected, but that people are willing to work with us when they hear our story.  And finding a place that is big enough, just in case our numbers grown past 100 people is also proving challenging.  Most of our fundraisers are more than 200 people, so I don't think I want a small place.  But the places I have looked at are very charming and it is making me weigh some options.

I think the event is going to be great fun and it will give our new town a chance to meet us and get to know Finley and what our non-profit is all about.

Since today is a pretty quiet writing day, I will leave you with a quote a friend of mine posted on facebook today.  I think it is quite fitting.

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!"
 My favorite part is about taking a hit and keep moving forward.  That is what it is all about.

No comments: