Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Advent Day Three

Today's ornament is Noah's Ark.
This was probably the easiest ornament to find.  Hallmark does a Noah's Ark ornament every year, and I thought this years was really cute.

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ"  Romans 6:23

Our Apple ornament for day two showed up today to replaced chewed up red plastic apple.  so we took it's picture.
It is a find from Etsy - it is a Cedar Apple and it smelled really good.
Today was puppy school.  Scooby did really well.  I thought he was the best behaved, but I may be a little partial.  But he did great.  He didn't eat any other dogs.  He didn't bark (not that he really barks anyway), he played nice with others, and he did all the commands he was supposed to do.  It was great.  I had given him a bath before he went, so he was extra soft and poofy for bonus cute points.  It worked.

Finley's teacher of the vision impaired emailed me today to ask me something, but she started her email like this:

"Hi Jennifer!  I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.  Finley told me she didn't have turkey but she killed a pig for her dinner"

Uh.....great.  Here is what really went down on Thanksgiving.  We don't eat Turkey because....it's gross.  We eat ham.  Finley asked where ham comes from and we told her pigs.  Somehow that turned into us slaughtering a pig in our backyard and roasting it in our kitchen for good measure.

She's special.


No comments: