Friday, December 14, 2012

Connecticut tragedy

My heart hurts so deeply tonight for the parents of those 20 children who died today.  I am sick to think that there are people in the world that would kill children.  Innocent little kids who went to school today excited for the upcoming holiday.  Children who won't grow up, won't go on their first date, won't get married, or have a chance to live a full life.  A senseless act, and a heartless man took that away from them.

I worked in a town not far from the tragedy when we lived in CT.  I have friends who know people whose children died today.  I just cannot wrap my head around it.

"Then the child opened his eyes, and looked up into the angel's beautiful face, which beamed with happiness, and at the same moment they were in Heaven, where joy and bliss reigned. The child received wings like the other angel, and they flew about together, hand in hand".
-Hans Christian Anderson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


Yes, that is so terribly sad, but they're with God.