Monday, September 19, 2011

750th post

Today is my 750th blog post.  I started this blog 4 years ago when we adopted Cainan, and I am glad to say it is still going strong.  I really do enjoying making this journal for my family (and who am I kidding - the grandparents as well) to look back on some day when they are teenagers and hating me.  It will be nice to travel down memory lane then to keep me from shipping them off to military school.

Today I had my first "stay at home mom" breakfast with some new friends.  It was a lot of fun.  We had breakfast at a mom's house and sat and chatted about this and that.  It was a great way to start the day.

Finley is sporting her first cold of the new school year.  She is not acting at all sick and taking it in stride.  She has a very runny nose, but otherwise, she is doing okay.  Hopefully it doesn't turn into anything else.

I have been thinking about started a quarterly newsletter for our RDH12 group.  That way people on our mailing list could keep up with the happenings and what we have raised and what is new.  All of the families in our group would be involved, and I think it would be a lot of fun.  Just what I need - another project.  But I think this would be an important one.  If we are going to reach that $250,000 goal this year, we are going to have to work for it.  And for all the wonderful people who have donated, I would like them to see what all their hard work is getting.

Today was Arlington's first Brownie's meeting.  She jumped right in and had a good time.  there aren't any girls from her class in the troop, but this will introduce her to other girls in 3rd grade.  They meet twice a month on Monday's, right before she goes to chess (which starts in a few weeks) so Monday is going to be busy for her.

Tomorrow is my first PTA meeting at the little's school.  Unlike Salem, which was one PTO for K-8, this is one PTO for Finley and Cainan's school and one for Arlington's.  Lots and lots of fundraising.  Should be interesting.

And now, I have come to the end of my ramble.  

No comments: