Thursday, September 29, 2011

Rainy day randoms

Today it has rained a ton and we have been stuck inside.  I know - this is soon to be the theme daily once winter gets here.  But it was okay, I got a lot done around the house.
Did you think what you wanted your braille shirt to say?  Keep thinking!  I am sure you can come up with something good.  Remember to go to:

https://sites.google.com/site/brailleshirts/
And order your shirt today!  They make great Christmas presents.
Mat and I bought a canning system.  For an upcoming holiday bizarre, we are going to have a Finley's Fighters table.  So - we are going to be canning my Grandmother's homemade pasta sauce.  If you haven't tasted it - you need to.  It is amazing.  So - we are going to can it and sell it at the sale.  Along with some homemade cookies.  We are going to try the canning this weekend.  We will taste it in a week or so, and if we don't die - we will make more.
The pictures in this post were taken this morning before school.  My mom has been asking for an updated picture of the three kids.  This took awhile - lots of whining.  I hope she appreciates my pain.
I had to pick the kids up in the car at the bus stop today because of the rain.  Cainan NEVER remembers to close the door when he gets out.  I mean, never.  Today, I was inside before I realized he left it open.  "Cainan", I say, "how many times have I told you to close the door."  He looked at me, very seriously and said "25 times.. at least".  That made me laugh.
 Finley decided to draw on her carpet with a crayon.  I didn't even realize you could do that.  Was it a washable crayon?  It was not.  It was a cheap restaurant crayon.  She spent time in the corner, crying the whole time "I need to get out of here!"  It was interesting.  She's special.
Tonight we had the local paper come by and do an article on Finley and our cause.  Our sweet neighbor had mentioned it to them.  They ran a school story about us already, and so it was nice to have an article to explain more about us.  We are going to be starting fundraisers in our new area, so they might as well know who is knocking on their door.  We talked with the reported for an hour and a half and I think she got plenty of information for her article.  Now another town is going to be aware of LCA.  So awesome.
Arlington and I have started "girl talk" at night after we finish reading our book together.  She is able to ask one girl/woman related question a night, and if I feel she is the right age, I will answer it the best I can.  In return, we talk about smoking, drinking, strangers, etc.  I can't believe it is really time for these types of talks.  I know she has a lot of things on her mind and a lot of questions, so it is important to show her that we aren't afraid to talk about them with her.
 Tomorrow is Friday already.  The weeks go by so quickly.

1 comment:

The Kovalls said...

Good idea selling that sauce :-)