Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pletcher Wildlife Santuary.

No - I am not talking about our children, but their daily dance party in the living room kind of qualifies. 




No, I am talking about the outdoors.  Our yard which has proven to be a place animals, and insects of all kinds like to gather.

You know - bunnies, skunks, squirrels (in unimaginable amounts - what are they looking for?), chipmunks, woodpeckers, ground bees, regular bees, some weird jumping/flying grasshopper thing, snakes and now.....deer.  I knew it wouldn't be long.
This morning, I was startled when I looked out our family room window and there 4 of them were. Standing in the middle of our newly planted grass.  I grabbed the kids and the camera and we watched them mosey around our new grass.  I didn't see much munching, thank goodness.  When I snapped the picture, the biggest deer looked up.  They were so close to the house.  He was not pleased that we spotted them.  Sorry there buddy - you are in our yard.
I have a feeling they were wondering where all the plants went - they had easy access to those bad boys just a few weeks ago.  Now....they are sniffing around.  Where did they go?  Who took our yummies?  Move on deer, move on.

When I am working in the yard, nothing surprises me anymore.  Not the 500 worms per every inch of dirt, not the spiders who stare at me when I knock there web down.  Again.  Okay - the snakes....they kind of bother me.  The little ones I don't mind, but every once in awhile I get surprised by a nice sized one, and I go running for the house.

But I have all these beautiful flowers..........









And so - I can deal with the wildlife.

In other news, Mat was away on a trip for the last two days, and he came back tonight.  It is nice to have him home.  Of course, as travel goes with Mat (always always always), his plane left an hour and a half late.  So - the kids and I had to trek it to the airport around the time I would be getting them ready for bed.  So - that was not that pleasant.

I got Mat a present for our upcoming anniversary, and I picked it up today, so I gave it to him already.  I had his license plate changed to RDH12.
He loves it and I am glad.  It was fun to surprise him with it tonight.

No comments: