Monday, September 12, 2011

Who's the Boss

According to Finley, it is Santa Claus.
Yesterday, Mat told her to do something and she was not pleased.  I was working in the yard and she came out to announce that "Daddy is not the boss".  So - figuring she was going to say I was, I said, "so who is then?"  She told me "Santa Claus."  Alright then.
Today Finley came home and told us that they talked about their personal space at school and that you have your own personal bubble, and if you get too close to someone else, you will pop their bubble.  She found this extremely hilarious.
 In our house, I am definitely the boss.  Wait......hear that?  That is my kids laughing at that statement.  Even they know that isn't true.  I spend so much time with them that I probably sound like Charlie Brown's teacher when I talk to them.
If I say "if you don't stop (insert here just about anything Finley might be doing) I am going to call daddy" and they stop immediately.  If I start to dial, they really get nervous.  So, I think you can tell (without me outright admitting it) who the real boss is in our house.
And it ain't Santa Claus.

No comments: