Friday, September 30, 2011

15 minutes of freedom

That is what I had today.  Between all the happenings, it was crazy.  I volunteered at the library, weeded for the garden club, went to a consignment sale, picked up a kid from school, went to a volunteer meeting at Cainan's class (with all three kids in tow - so not fun), and went to Arlington's Tennis practice.  At least we went for some dinner afterwards.  We didn't sit down until 8pm.  For the 6 phone calls I missed today - I am SO sorry.  I promise I got them.

Braille shirt orders have started to come in!  Keep them coming!  We are having fun making them - love what everyone is coming up with.

Tomorrow Mat is going to a gene therapy conference at Massachusetts Eye and Ear.  Dr. Eric Pierce - a leading Dr. and researcher for LCA will be speaking along with some others.  We are anxious to hear what they have to say.  I wish we could both go, but alas, I will be staying home with the kids.  The littles have soccer in the morning, so I didn't want them to miss that.  But we will share with you what we learn.

I spoke with Finley's teacher today.  She likes to touch base with all her parents, and today was my turn.  She is pleased on how well Finley is doing and they seem to have adjusted.  She was bumping her head on some coat racks, so now they covered them with tennis balls and things are all good.  Her teacher is fantastic.  We are so lucky.  She told me that she was PLEASED that she had to speak to Finley for talking when she wasn't supposed to once and when she was being silly with a friend.  I know - this sounds weird, but we are pleased too.  Did we talk with her about not doing this?  Of course.  But the teacher saw her come out of her shell with her friends and WANT to be with other kids.  And recognize her friends faces well enough that she can be silly with them.  It was great.  But it was funny to see a teacher be happy about a kid doing something wrong.

No comments: