Sunday, January 24, 2010

"So How Did It Go?" Sunday

So on Sunday's I will be reviewing what we thought of last weeks meals. It was my husband's idea. He thought if anyone in blog world cared what we were making for dinner, they might be interested to know how it turned out.

This is a good week to start this because we only made two things.

Grilled Shrimp Scampi - 5/5 stars. This was a keeper. It was easy and fun. It took very little time to prepare, I could make it on an indoor grill (since it is a bit cold to be outside right now), and the kids loved that they were on the skewers. No one poked their eye out. Big plus. Or poked their sibling. Bigger plus.
I would probably add some veggies or pineapple to the skewers just for some added flavors. We ended up having veggies and rice on the side. I recommend this one.

Asian Beef with Snow Peas - 4/5 starts. This one was very tasty. I loved the sauce - it had just enough flavor. The kids loved it and they hardly ever like the beef dishes. The snow peas stayed crispy in the pan - they didn't get soggy.
I don't give it 5/5 because the meat can quickly overcook. It was a bit on the chewy side, but not terrible. It is out stove - it is about 12 years old and hates me. So.......not my fault at all, of course. You believe that, right? But it was good. We served it with rice. The recipe does not say to dry the meat first, but I did feel that doing this made it brown faster.

So there you have it! My "novice food critic of my own food" review. Stay tuned tomorrow for Making Meals Monday!!

No comments: