Saturday, January 2, 2010

All good things must come to an end

I am finding it hard to believe that we are on day 10 of our 11 day vacation. Tomorrow we will be getting things ready to return to work and school. All the the Christmas decorations are put away, and after tomorrow, the tree will be kindling for the fire pit. It goes by too quickly.

(These cute sweaters are from my sister-in-law, Tricia)

We have had a nice week with my parents. We did go to the Children's museum on New Year's Eve. It seemed like such a good plan when we started out. We went to breakfast, and during breakfast it started to snow. Hard. We slid our way to the museum (we figured they would plow eventually), and it snowed the entire time we were in there. We got several inches of new snow.

But New Years Eve at the children's museum near our house was a good place to be. The weather did not keep people away. They had noise makers.

And the kids were able to make party hats.


And they had a fun time exploring the museum.



Finley enjoyed looking at herself in the mirrors.

Cainan had fun getting the water to turn different colors.

The kids had fun in the Chinese Restaurant section.



Arlington built a great tower out of cups.

Then Finley made hers.
She said "this way they won't fall down". Smart girl.

Cainan also met Mr. Stuffie and was very confused about his contents.

Finley listened to Stuffie's heart.

Then she took all of the contents out and climbed inside. Why not.

We had never been there before and for $6 a person, it was a nice little museum. We had a great time and after 2 hours of watching it snow and not stop, we decided we needed to head for home.

We hope to return again. When the weather is a little better.

The driveway was a fun adventure, and I ALMOST made it to the top before we got stuck. I am getting better at snow driving. I should have taken a picture of my path up the hill. It was classic.

Friday Arlington and Cainan went out in the snow with Mat and Cainan took a sled ride.

Without crying!
It was great.
I did get a chance to go with my mom and do a little shopping and was able to find some pretty good deals on clothes for the kids for next year. Winter clothes were marked down 70-75% in most department stores. I got Finley and Cainan winter coats for $7 each! They were originally $80. That was my best buy. I love buying for next season now - I can get the kids twice the clothes for half the price. It is awesome.

Today we woke up to snow, and it snowed all morning. We got several MORE inches (enough already is what I say) and so Mat and Arlington went out to do some sledding. The VTs were out there for awhile, but quickly decided it was too cold for their delicate little selves.

Mat built Arlington a snow ramp down our backyard hill, so she had a good time with that.

Most times, she slid into it and got a face full of snow.

But everyone once in awhile, she would get a good jump.

So that is it! Tomorrow is our last day before we return to the reality which is the second semester of school. Boo.

Happy New Year everyone! We hope this year brings us more health and happiness, good news about Finley's sight, and a lot of fun times with family and friends. I don't make resolutions because I can't keep them, but I am going to continue to cook and possibly exercise. Possibly.

Stay tuned for "Making Meals Monday!" I am making two things my sister-in-law recommended. PLUS - on Tuesday I am going to share with you a fun little baking creation we worked on today. See you Monday.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine the stress you feel, waking up every day wondering if this is the day Finley will lose her sight and desperately hoping it is not. We are praying for a cure and trusting it will be in time to help your precious little girl.
Joyce Cirigliano