Thursday, July 28, 2011

A very full day

First - I want to tell you that we had a very full day.  I am still trying to help with my "old" job by getting the Kindergarten registrations in line before school starts.  The kids were good to me this morning and sat and watched a movie while I worked for almost 3 hours on the files.  I finished them, and was very pleased with what I got done before I left.  I only have one more visit there next week, so I want to make sure everything is in order.

This afternoon, the kids and I went to my friend Athena's house to swim in her beautiful pool.  I am really going to miss Athena when I go.  She was one of my first friends when we moved to Salem, and has been really good to our family.  I am so glad we have gotten to know each other over these last few years, and hope that our friendship will continue after we move away.  I definitely don't want to lose her.  Athena was also the VERY FIRST person to donate to our cause for Finley.  I won't ever forget that.

Ask me if I remembered to take my camera.  Go ahead.......no - no I didn't.  I can't believe it.  So I don't have any pictures today.  My grandma is not going to be pleased.

The kids had a great time swimming.  Cainan was very good and sat on the steps and played quietly, but still was in the water.  That made him very happy.  He just isn't allowed to get his head fully submerged, which, he doesn't love anyway.  We have his post-op appointment on Monday, so maybe he will be let out of cleft lip jail on that day.

After we swam for a few hours, we headed to a doctor's appointment and then had McDonalds for dinner.  Thursdays Mat is in Boston the entire day, so we treated ourselves by not eating at home.  The kids had been fantastic all day.  No one had a fight, no one whined, and they behaved themselves in public.  So - they deserved sugar filled fast food.

Tonight, they went to sleep easily.  Mat and I are relishing in the fact that in one week we will no longer be residents of Connecticut.  We are gearing up for a very busy weekend and a very busy week ahead.

But tonight - we sit under the fans with the windows open and the fresh air coming in, and relaxing with our kids asleep upstairs.

I have had a few more questions about the upcoming FUN RUN BIKE/WALK for Finley on August 20th.  First - it is a FUN event - no competition.  You can walk/bike/run if you want, or you can come and relax in the shade.  If you need a bike - there is a bike rental place near by.  If you let us know, we can try and arrange for you to have a rental bike.  But there will be a fee, of course.  I will get back to you on the cost.

If you lost your form, or don't have a form, and you go HERE: http://www.finleyfighters.com/RunWalk.html
You can print out the form and send it in.  At this time we DO NOT have online registration.  If you want to pay by credit card, though, that can be arranged.  Just email me at rdh12@rdh12.org and I can tell you how you can pay right to our FUND (and will still get a tax receipt).  It is easy and secure, and our Spartanburg Foundation runs that part of our fund.  And the form can be printed out and scan emailed to us if you want to save a stamp.  You can email it to the same address above and we can just print it out for you.

Any other questions - please let me know.  We are so happy to be receiving so many registrations and donations so far.  Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all of your support for our little girl.

No comments: