Friday, April 6, 2012

3 day weekend

Okay - I missed blogging yesterday.

Moving on.

I have been busy planning the front yard with plants.  I have a lot of  areas to fill now that I have done more clearing.  Or, as Mat called me "Johnny chopperseed".  I like to cut things down.  I don't take down the whole tree - trees are nice.  But I take large portions to make the tree look nicer.  In my opinion, of course.  Plus - if I get all the low lying branches out of the way, I can put flowers and plants under the trees.  It is a win/win.

I have almost finished cleaning up and getting the yard where it needs to be before planting can begin.  I am taking out some bushes that were scraggly (and basically I don't like bushes) and then I just have to fill in the holes and we will be ready to go!  I can't wait to get started.

We have been keeping busy.  Arlington has started softball and practices start tomorrow.  She will practice every Saturday and we should be getting the game schedule soon.  Lacrosse games are going to be every Sunday from next Sunday to the beginning of June.  Weekends are officially over until school ends.  But that is okay.  She is excited to be in her spring sports.

This afternoon the kids and I went to a place called "Jump On It".  Finley had been there for a birthday party and had a great time.  I got an advertisement that they were open today since there was no school (usually they only do parties) for a minimal cost.  The kids had a great time.  It is an indoor play place with tons of bounce houses and the like.  I got to sit and read (and chat with my mom on the phone) and they ran around and got tired.  It was awesome.

Tomorrow we are going to dye Easter eggs.  We haven't done it in many years between the girl's being allergic, and no one that really likes eggs........

But we are going to make a couple for the fun of it.  The kids are looking forward to it.

I will try and take some pictures tomorrow.  Sorry for the shortage. 

No comments: