Saturday, January 8, 2011

Snow can be SO much fun

 Today we woke up to snow.
I would say we have about 4 inches.  Maybe a bit more in spots, but I didn't measure.

We waited until this afternoon to go out, and it was nearly 40 degrees.  IT didn't feel cold at all, and the kids had a great time.
I even went out.  (gasp).  I helped Mat shovel, and took pictures of the kids.
 Arlington did some snow surfing
That didn't end up so well.
We have a great hill for sledding.  If anyone is in need of somewhere to sled, you need to come to our house.  This is the only time of year the hill in our backyard is not a pain in the butt.
 The girls and Cainan enjoyed sledding down the hill over and over while Mat and I shoveled.

We didn't have to shovel much, because our awesome neighbor had already snowplowed our supersized driveway.  He is the best.
 Mat built the kids a ramp, and the girls had a great time going over it.

Finley has become quite the little daredevil.  She didn't even get upset when she got a face full of snow.
She and Mat made a superjump - they really got up in the air.
Then Mat was a little sore after this jump.
We stayed out for a few hours, until the kids had their fill of sledding.


And snow eating.


And cleaning the back porch with their hands
And just generalized snow fun.



And yes - this next picture IS as it appears.  Finley is not quick enough on her feet in the snow.
There was a minor collision.
But no worries - no one was hurt and it ended in giggles.
We came inside, got some snacks, and cuddled on the couch, and watched a movie.


We are expecting more snow tonight, but not that much.  But the kids will be excited if their hill has a fresh padding of snow for tomorrow.
I hope you enjoyed the abundance of pictures.  I tend to get carried away when we are outside, and then I cannot decide which ones I want to post.
I continue to receive such wonderful emails from my readers.  Thank you - again!  I love to hear from you, anytime. 
See you tomorrow!

No comments: